|European Agency for Safety and Health at Work||
DECLARATION OF INTENTION FOR COOPERATION
DIRECTORATE-GENERAL INTERNAL MARKET, INDUSTRY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP
AND SMES OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION (DG GROWTH),
THE EUROPEAN AGENCY FOR SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK (EU-OSHA) AND THE EXECUTIVE AGENCY FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES
DG GROWTH and EU-OSHA - the mission of which is to make European workplaces safer, healthier and more productive - reaffirm that an effective occupational safety and health (OSH) policy is not only essential for the well-bei ng of workers, but also ensures that enterprises and economies thrive in the long term.
The Enterprise Europe Network has a key rote to play in raising the awareness of OSH amongst SMEs and micro enterprises. It is fundamental to inform them of the importance of carrying out risk assessment and of the benefits of an effective OSH policy.
DG GROWTH (the former DG Enterprise and Industry) through the Enterprise Europe Network OSH ambassadors and EU-OSHA with its network of Focal Points have already established successful working relations and communication partnerships in the frame of the EU-OSHA Healthy Workplaces Campaigns between 2008 and 2015.
In line with past collaborations between the Enterprise Europe Network and EU-OSHA and its network of Focal Points, DG GROWTH and EU-OSHA declare their intention to continue cooperating closely in the task of disseminating essential information on OSH for the benefìt of SMEs and micro enterprises in Europe.
This declaration aims to define the needs and expectations that the Enterprise Europe Network has of EU-OSHA as well as the network 's tasks and commitments vis à vis EU OSHA.
Enterprise Europe Network needs and expectations of EU-OSHA:
• There is a need for the Enterprise Europe Network to have information on OSH and in particular on OSH essentials. Therefore, EU-OSHA documentation, brochures and electronic information products will be made available to the Enterprise Europe Network.
It is also possible that tailor made information tool s be developed to suit specific needs of the Enterprise Europe Network.
• There is a need for training, both for the Enterprise Europe Network "train the trainers" and SMEs and micro enterprises. EU-OSHA through its Focal Points will previde the Enterprise Europe Network with specific activities which objective is to help the Enterprise Europe Network members, their associated partners and other partners to acquire basic knowledge on OSH essentials, risk assessment and the importance of OSH.
• EU-OSHA will provide the Enterprise Europe Network with privileged access to its information so as to allow network members to act as an interface between EU-OSHA and SMEs and micro enterprises.
• EU-OSHA will maintain a section on its website devoted to the collaboration between the Enterprise Europe Network and EU-OSHA.
• EU-OSHA will ensure that the Enterprise Europe Network is provided with feedback on their services by Focal Points and SMEs.
• EU-OSHA and the Enterprise Europe Network will join forces in promotion activities aiming at awareness raising among SMEs and micro enterprises.
Commitments of DG GROWTH, EASME and EU-OSHA:
• DG GROWTH/EASME will contribute to enhancing EU-OSHA's visibility and to raising awareness of SMEs and micro enterprises on the existence and main aspects of OSH essentials and risk assessment.
• DG GROWTH/EASME will encourage the Enterprise Europe Network to raise awareness of OSH.
• DG GROWTH/EASME will ensure that EU-OSHA is provided with feedback on the needs of SMEs in the area of OSH.
• DG GROWTH/EASME will create a link on the Enterprise Europe network website devoted to the collaboration between the Enterprise Europe network and EU OSHA
• DG GROWTH/EASME will provide EU-OSHA an access to the Intranet of the Enterprise Europe Network to organise a virtual forum and undertake surveys in order to measure the level of awareness and knowledge of the Enterprise Europe Network staff on the issue.
• DG GROWTH/EASME will offer the possibility to EU-OSHA to become an associated partner of the network.
• DG GROWTH/EASME and EU-OSHA will agree on objectives and a work plan yearly.
Brussels, 27th November 2015
Dr. Christa Sedlatschek